Not your average children’s book.
I no longer have anything to say to you and it feels great.
— (via modernmethadone)
Last week my friend told me she stopped believing in God because she has always been alone in moments when she really needed His help. I wanted to tell her that God never forsakes His children, but I couldn’t. Because I knew they would mostly be words without depth. I don’t believe that either, not a 100% anyway. Maybe a good 99% but life has broken me enough that I doubt I’ll ever have the desire or conviction to give the remaining 1%.
As much as I hate for her to believe that, I entirely relate. Sometimes you see others go through so much uncertainty and insecurity and suffering, and you go through versions of these processes yourself, you stop believing in the greater purpose. I’ve had heated arguments with people before who tell me these are simply all ways to test my faith and i cannot give in.
Because a lot of these people who preach to me are people who haven’t had boyfriends cheat on them, haven’t had divorced parents, haven’t cheated on anyone, haven’t seen how good fails, haven’t had to grow the fuck up overnight when your parents’ marriage falls apart, haven’t had friends who had someone close commit suicide, haven’t wanted something so bad but never got it and never saw the bigger purpose in that unadulterated sorrow either, …well I could go on and on.
At the end of our conversation, my friend told me this: “I do believe god exists but I don’t believe he helps us. We help ourselves. In the end we are all alone.” It broke my heart because she was the first person in a long, long while to speak the exact words I’ve kept secret so long.
i aspire to be as ruthless and cunning as sarah from masterchef junior
she is 9
YES. i just watched the entire (well except the finale episode, which hasn’t aired yet) masterchef junior US on youtube and it’s fuckin ace. this girl, sarah, she’s THE QUEEN. kicking ass when she’s 9, ruthless, scheming, but also obviously full of heart in her (many) tender moments. i would adopt this child in a heartbeat. heck, i want to BE this child. she’s gonna attempt world domination one day, if she hasn’t already started.
My heart is a three-year-old child who has not yet been taught how to share.
— Meggie Royer, Part apology note, part love letter, part goodbye (via larmoyante)
I feel like I’m at a point in my life where I know I need to advance the main quest, but instead I faff about doing side quests because the main quest is intimidating and I don’t feel like I’ve leveled up enough to be able to handle it.